Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sun Smart

Sun smart is the final constraint in the design brief.  As I seem to be on a little bit of a roll here typing out my random thoughts.  I thought I should just keep going...

Sun Smart.

I love this concept. In the past sun smart clothing has not been the most attractive protect garment to wear. In fact it feels like a drag.

And this here lies the problem with our younger generation. And to be totally honest me.

I hate wearing rash suits.
They make me feel so claustrophobic.
I hate the feeling of a sticky salty wet rashie all over my body. yuck. And this is the major reason I try to avoid wearing them.

Yes I know I should and I do. Only when I know I going to be exposed to the sun for long hours at a time.

So I guess my problem with this lycra material sun smart clothing is that it just not comfortable to wear. Not for me anyway, and I'm sure a lot of other people feel that way too. 

I found some examples of Rashies.  There doesn't seem to be a lot out there... Not that I could find anyway. There seems to be a bit of a gap in the market for fashion/trend rashies.



rashie by zimmerman.
Research -
This week I went into my local shopping centre to see what I could find for sun smart swimsuits. Citybeach had 3 styles available on the floor they were very attractive and all of them were cap sleeved options.  When I looked around at the swimsuit option there was a wide range of bikini swimsuits to choose from all of them were quite exposed, the most common style found was the triangle bikini.

Adidas x open ceremony 2012 (release date July/August 2012).



No comments:

Post a Comment