Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Where to start ... Let's talk about India!


So many random thoughts start going through my mind. 
The fusion of the 3 components make this quite a challenging design brief. How will I get all three to work harmoniously... ?

Here are some of my preliminary thoughts;



INDIA
Colour is a big part of Indian Culture.
 In fact I recently read a book on colour which refers to the different meaning of colour in different cultures and the book referred to Indian's version of Western cultures Navy blue is Fuchsia!





So happy about this cultural influence in our design breif as colour is a hug part of my personal design aesthetic. I can wait to experiment with vivid colours as prints and creating something new!!



The major colours used in traditional India colour palate is red, fuchsia, yellow, gold, royal blue, green.

I'm thinking of sarees, bindi's, gold jewellery, bangles, Bollywood, sequins, colour, delicious food. Indian Elephant.


What also comes to mind is poverty, polution, beggars, smell, traffic, cows...

more on this later.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment