Sunday, August 26, 2012

Print Inspiration

Apart of this assignment is to design a print.  It is not required to be used at the end for our garment but we must show that we can design one.

For my research I have looked into different prints.  Indian prints, sarees.  I have looked at what elements make up Indian prints/textiles.

One big part of Indian dress is colour and texture. Primary colours of royal blue, fushia, orange gold and green.  are the major colours used.

Textures are made up of a few different things; there is emboridery, mirror work, rice tie dying and quilting.

A Fashion label which uses colour and print so beautiful through  their collections is Emillo Pucci.
I am such a big fan. I would love to be able to design prints that are so signature like Pucci prints are.
I have sourced a few images of print I like to use as inspiration.

Pucci Paisley.

I love this print it feel very modern. Fireworks maybe?





Image were source from the book "Pucci"



No comments:

Post a Comment