Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Capsule Knitwear Collection

Six piece capsule knitwear collection spring/summer 2013
Reflection.
Really not sure about how I feel about this collection.  Some days I love it some days I hate it. I could spend hours upon hours reflecting and changing things but sometimes the best design are not over thought.

So where it is. I have designed this collection to be in summer. Knitwear is so fantastic to wear all year round.  It is comfortable. Doesn't need ironing. and pretty low maintenance when it come to laundering.

For this collection I want to take the initial brief from our swimwear collection and translate and evolve into a knitwear collection. As my design from the swimwear were inspired by the colours and textiles of India so too in my knitwear collection.

My my original prints I have simplified them to be used in a knitwear pattern. The two major patterns used in this collection is the zig zag and spot knit.

I have used both prints in weaved knit pattern designs and also as prints on the jersey fabrics.

Early research into how and what I wanted to do I was looking at doing 3d spots on my knits. After some thought and sampling I decided not to go down this route as I wanted something that was more practical and commercially viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment