Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sewing Time -swimwear reflection



Fitting pattern pieces to my fabric.

The beautiful Gillian hand modeling for me.

Sewing the sharp angle is really tricky. Thankfully Gillian was there to guide me.


Sewing on the zip for my jacket. In my toile the zipp worked out to be too long. Everything fit this time.

Jacket with zipp and collar. Now time to sew up the sides!

Sides sewn up.

Love my jacket.  Still have to add the peplum. 
But I kind of just want to leave it like this...
Love how the spot fabric looks like a gold background.



Pants and top. Complete.
A rooky mistake with the front panel.  I wanted the green and blue spots to be the same
amount of white space away from the edge as the red/pink spot are from the neck line.
Forgot to factor in the width og the elastic when I design my panel piece.



Back of my swimsuit.
Now I just have to make the skirt and
sew on the peplum to the jacket.






 So Far no major mistakes. I have however sewn a few things together in the wrong order.
But have had to press forward in order to get everything done in a timely manner.

Sewing is definitely not my strongest point. A lot of basic sewing steps that seem logical to a sewer really just goes right over my head.  Poor Gillian (Our swimsuit lecturer/technician) has to explain basic steps to me three to four times and even then I feel like I am just going through the motions but not really sure of what I'm doing. It's like I have a sift for a brain when it comes to sewing.

The first day back to uni after deferring for a year. I sat down at a sewing machine next to my class mate Hannah and was bewildered as to why my machine wasn't working.  Hannah politely point out that I had not put my bobbin into the bobbin case!!!!! Instead I had just put the bobbin in and tried to start sewing.

Bless her for not laughing at me... well... at least not to my face! LOL.







No comments:

Post a Comment