Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Final Swimwear garment - Reflection

This semester I have really enjoyed working with swimwear.  This is my second time learning stretch. It still is not second nature to me yet but I would serious consider doing this for my 3rd year collection.  So much fun you can have with print.

The hardest thing to sew was the Jacket. The peplum was the trickiest to attach.  As it had to line up. on both sides with tucks included just to make it more difficult.

I had a mild success getting this jacket completed with my sanity in tact. Of all the pieces it is the most technical and challenging piece. ( not my best sewing) However due to my time management plan I had to press forward. There would definitely be a few things I would like to unpick and sew again. But for this assessment it will do. It is more like a second toile than a commerical salebable garment at this stage.

Really happy with this garment.
It was design to also be functional as I would like to wear it, especially as their are not many options for rashie top this jacket will be great at the beach the avoid the sun.

Was very surprised that I actually like my tube skirt and I think I do look good in it!! Totally never thought I would. So really happy with that outcome.  I think this skirt works well as I have lined it so it doesn't show any lumps and bumps. I am going to wear it with a grey jersey T-shirt tucked in.

Upon reflection of the top of my swimsuit. I now feel the white panel with the spot detail looks disconnected from the pants. I would like to substitute this white panel with the motif print. That way the print coordinates with the pants.

Perhaps not the most commercially viable collection.  It is quite loud and possible to loud for most people. This collection would need to be watered down and made alittle more predictable to sell well.

As most customers just want to look good and not stand out (speaking from my own thoughts).

Might even do a facebook like or dislike page! To get people feed back.

Really need to work on my editing eye for final year. Need to seek advice on this.... will talk to lectures about this issue.




No comments:

Post a Comment